Business Development and Referrals Manager – Learning Disability Services
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
Salary: £45-55k per annum
Job Code: GHETO1
Location: Remote Working & South East –travelling as required and attending meetings in Eton
Thanks to our continuous growth, Glenholme are looking to hire a Business Referrals and Assessment Manager, working with our Senior Management Team, to generate new leads and to develop relationships with referral partners and clients.
This is an incredibly unique opportunity to join one of the top 5 fastest growing premium care providers of 2020 and make a real difference
What we can offer you:
- £45-55k per annum
- Company car or car allowance
- Discretionary performance bonus
- 28 holiday plus additional days with each year of service (up to 5 bonus days)
- Employer pension contributions, Employee Assistance Programme, Access to discounts, Death in Service Life Assurance Scheme
- A strong voice in the organisation to make a significant difference
The Glenholme Healthcare is a social care group with nearly 30 years’ experience supporting adults with learning disabilities, complex needs, mental health conditions and problems with addiction. We provide support through our residential services, supported living schemes and via our outreach programmes.
To lead on business development activities, general marketing efforts and market awareness of Glenholme to ensure sufficient referrals from a number of sources to increase and maintain bed occupancy rates. It is expected that referrals will be primarily generated from North London boroughs, Herts, Beds, Cambs and Lincs, as well as some of the neighbouring counties.
There are five main areas of responsibility:
Business Development –
Increase sales in mental health and learning disabilities through improved customer relationships and market penetration into new and existing areas
Contribute to a dynamic, highly creative team by aggressively pursuing new customers and enhancing relationships with existing customer base
Prepare and execute definitive business development plans based on market research and competitive analyses to identify potential markets, customers and new business
Liaise with current and potential referrers, in particular commissioners in both mental health and learning disabilities.
Ensure coordinated, responsive, and efficient enquiry service delivery is undertaken at all times
Analyse and assess existing customers, competitors and the general marketplace, spotting opportunities, and then recommending and implementing the best ways to increase business.
Referrer Relations –
Build relationships with new and existing referrers across a range of boroughs
Contribute to service development and improvements based on referrer feedback.
Manage the maintenance and updating of referrer databases tracking contact and activities
Engage target audiences through a variety of written, telephone and face-to-face communications
Track and report on the number of meetings and visits with referral sources
Referral and Assessment –
Ensure that all enquiries via email and telephone contact, and referrals from professionals, are followed up in expedient and professional manner
All enquiries must be logged onto the care management software
Arrange and accompany visits by care workers, family members and other externa professionals to secure appropriate placement of new clients, ensuring that their individual needs are met
To liaise with home managers prior to visits taking place to ensure the best possible image of the service and the larger organisation is projected
Ensure that information obtained in assessments is entered into or electronic care software
Work with the finance team to develop a costed package of care fees based on need
Coordinate with the relevant Home Manager to ensure they are involved with the process and that all relevant information is tracked
Ensure the Home Manager is well informed to begin the transition process
Tender and PQQ -
Identify relevant tenders both for new and existing services and manage all stages of relevant tenders including pre-qualifying questionnaires.
Liaise with colleagues across the group to ensure these are completed so that the Group is able to secure a place on framework agreements or compete for new business as required.
Awareness Development -
Develop and manage opportunities that can increase sales, including tendering processes
Manage the effective distribution of marketing materials
Monitor competitor activity and pricing positions
Contribute to long term marketing plans and strategies
Other Key Responsibilities:
- Produce weekly reports summarising efforts
- Support the Marketing team and other colleagues as required
- Previous successful business development experience in MH and/or LD
- Personal credibility and ability to communicate with and influence all key audiences.
- Outgoing personality with a passion for front line sales to drive the company forward to meet strategic and tactical goals
- High personal and professional presentation standards
- A natural extravert capable of establishing new relationships
- Understanding of referral routes
- Excellent influencing and selling skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly organised and self-motivated
- Cheerful, willing, and flexible approach
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Good administrative skills
- Full driving licence