Chef - Holdingham Grange
Job Type: Full-time
Job Code: GHSHC1
About the Role:
To maintain regular communication with the home manager and administrator in regard to service user requirements and budgets.
To negotiate and secure the best prices and value for your food purchases.
Ensure a healthy balanced and nutritious “home cooked” approach to dietary requirements. That food is cooked in a hygienic environment and quality is maintained at all times.
To have systems in place to control food allocation to avoid food wastage.
Ensure staff employed within your kitchen adhere to current relevant regulations and policies of the home.
To share responsibility in the protection of assets.
- To ensure a sound knowledge of COSHH, HACCP, Environmental Health Standards/ Regulations, Safer Food Better Business & Allergy Advise and Nutritional Analysis, and to cascade all this information to the staff to ensure they are aware of all current legislation and regulations, and are working to company policies.
- To carry out audits with regard to all aspects of kitchen standards, policies, procedures, laws and government standards, and report any issues back to the home manager.
- Ensure all records are fully completed and up to date in line with Regulatory requirements and company procedures.
- To hold regular meetings with service users and their families. These meetings must be documented and any issued raised should be reported back to home manager.
- To be responsible for the kitchen staff rotas, check their weekly working hours, and authorize with the administrator. Ensuring staff rotas are maintained and staff levels are fully covered at all times.
- Be responsible for identifying Training needs of kitchen staff, Induction, supervisions, reviews and liaise with the home manager on any grievances or disciplinaries.
- Ensure a balanced home cooked diet is available to the service users, making sure any personal, cultural or religious requirements are met.
- Adhere to the home budgets when purchasing stock and materials.
- Ensure all kitchen staff clean the kitchen, serveries and bistro areas after use. These areas are all left hygienically clean and tidy after each shift.
- Maintain accurate records of food supplies, waste and hazard analysis, fridge & freezer temperatures as stipulated by Environmental Health, Food Standards Agency, CQC and the company.
- Ensure the kitchen is maintained as specified by the respective manufacturers.
- Regularly review and update menus according to service users’ choices.
- Attend any Mandatory training dates as required, to ensure your training is up to date for the completion of your duties.
- On site accommodation available
- Flexible full-time (37.5-hours), part-time or bank contracts available
- Paid comprehensive training with genuine career advancement opportunities
- Fully paid care certificate training and salary increase once completed
First-Week Pay Advance - Earn up to £350 early pay at the end of your first week
- Enrollment into our Pension scheme
- 28 holiday plus additional days with each year of service (up to 5 bonus days)
- Additional days holiday for your birthday
Refer-a-friend scheme: Earn a £250 bonus for each friend you refer to work for us
- Life Insurance cover of £10,000
- Cycle to work scheme
- Automatic entry into our Employee Assistance Programme offering: Personal and everyday advice on child support, financial advice, mental health, health and wellbeing.
- Discounts on your favourite brands, restaurants and entertainment.
- Previous experience is required.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with all staff, and to work constructively and positively within your team acting as a role model.
- Excellent time keeping skills, and great attention to detail.