Salary: 20-22k per year
To provide supervision for the good maintenance of all of the interior and exterior aspects of the properties within the Sleaford development. You will lead all maintenance on the site and will work alongside management to maintain the properties. The maintenance work will include but not be limited to; carpentry, landscaping decorative repairs, lifting, carrying, electrical and plumbing repairs and to help with general maintenance tasks as directed by the Estates or Home Manager. You will be based at a complex of three properties including an elderly care home area but will, on occasion, be asked to attend other sites on maintenance related matters. Good people management skills are essential
Person spec and Key Responsibilities:
- Hard working, reliable and with an excellent attention to detail and high standards of presentation in their work.
- You will behave in a transparent manner always showing respect to our residents, their families and your colleagues
- Highly responsible, safety conscious and risk aware. Health and safety qualifications such as lifting and handling is desirable.
- Practically minded and able to complete a wide range of repairs.
- Works without immediate supervision planning and coordinating all maintenance works but also to a schedule when required
- Fully DBS checked and in possession of a valid UK driving license.
- Report to the Estates Manager if a particular job falls outside the training/skill of the on site maintenance
- Ensuring maintenance staff training is kept up to date, with the assistance of the Estates Manager
- Competently skilled in administrative and I.T. software; word and excel
- Professional qualifications in maintenance or supervision equivalent to BTEC, City & Guilds, NVQ Level 3
- Relevant H&S at Work qualifications e.g. NEBOSH, CITB
- 9am-5:30pm Monday to Friday
- You will be based out of our facility in Sleaford but will be expected from time to time to attend other sites within the group on maintenance related matters.
- The role holder may be required to carry out other duties from time to time as deemed appropriate.
- You may be asked to be on call to deal with facilities related emergencies out of hours
- Highly skilled in all expected maintenance tasks such as but not limited to plumbing, electrics, carpentry, painting, decorating and labouring.
- Willing to undertake any other general maintenance tasks as directed, relating to the interior or exterior of the buildings.
- Previous experience in building trades, electrical, carpentry, plumbing, or mechanical services.
- Planning and budgeting of maintenance tasks along with the Estates Manager.
- Control of maintenance stock and general compliance.
- Ensure all necessary compliance checks related to the homes are up to date.
- Experience in leading a team of workers and the associated administrative tasks that follow.
- Keen eye for detail that will appreciate and deal with all issues related to the internal and external appearance of the properties as well as their smooth operation.
Pattern of work:
The above job description is not exhaustive and subject to continual review and adjustment according to the needs of Glenholme and the management team. Any changes will be discussed and agreed with the resident post holder.