Regional Operations Manager - Learning Disability Services
Regional Operations Manager
Location: Home based with travel from Hertfordshire to Lincolnshire
Compensation: £50 - £60K
Job Code: GHL1
Glenholme Healthcare Group is a specialist care provider with nearly 30 years of experience operating in care, providing genuinely personalised support for the elderly and those with nursing care needs, dementia as well as adults with severe learning disabilities and a variety of complex needs. Our focus is on promoting independence through outstanding support. We operate nursing homes, residential care homes, supported living schemes and outreach services, which means we have the range of support options to fulfil most needs and to respond to those needs as they change.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Operations Manager to join our group and provide leadership and management for 7-10 homes delivering residential, supported living and domiciliary care services for individuals with Learning Disabilities, Autism, Mental Health issues and complex needs. The homes are based between Hertfordshire and Lincolnshire
- Work closely with CEO, the Board and Senior Management team to develop and apply the strategy for the services.
- Identify opportunities for improved performance of the existing services and future developments.
- To ensure that registered managers meet the requirements of their registration and placing authority requirements.
- To safeguard all service users and to ensure good safeguarding procedures and principals are in place and applied consistently as per local safeguarding policies.
- To work with Managers to ensure that referrals and applications are made as and when necessary and within the set times.
- To effectively implement policies and procedures of the company across your designated area.
- To provide strong management, leadership and mentoring of Service Managers in residential and supported living care settings
· Full P&L responsibility for services within your area. Ensuring services operate within their budgets and there is a clear audit of any unexpected expenditure.
· Maximise business growth and profitability across your area
- Produce development plans as and when required.
· Take accountability for your area – working with Service Managers to drive compliance with all company policies and regulatory requirements; whilst striving to achieve the best possible external and internal ratings
· Ensure your services are consistently exceeding service standards and “Best Practice” and individuals within your services are safeguarded at all times.
- To work to and exhibit core values of the company and maintain standards of behavior reflecting these values at all times.
- Experience and evidence of competence in an Operational Management role and experience of multi-site regional management.
- Experience of business development and referral relationship development and management.
- Experience of CQC inspections and the regulatory regime and meeting responsibilities of a Registered Manager.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and the current legal responsibilities and standards required of the service.
- Understanding of the principles of high-quality person-centered care and support and non-discriminatory care practice, including how to recognise abuse and safeguarding procedures.
- Caring and compassionate
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexible leadership style with the ability to build relationships and engage and motivate individuals and teams
- Ability to prioritise work and manage time effectively
- Resilient and able to cope with pressure and deal effectively with crises/emergencies
- A positive attitude to change
- Self-motivated and keen to learn
- Have good observational skills
- Ability to seek guidance when needed and respond positively to coaching and feedback
- At least five years' experience in a multi-site operational management capacity in a health and social care setting
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Have a strong background in working with adults who display behaviours that may challenge and a knowledge/evidence of supporting people (with learning disabilities, autism, mental health needs and ABI).
- Professional qualification equivalent to degree level or management qualification (QCF Level 5 in Social Care Management or equivalent) or working towards this
- Due to the nature of this post, a full and clean UK driving license is essential as is a willingness to travel across the geographical region or elsewhere as required