Registered Manager - Learning Disability – Residential Care Home
Role: Registered Manager - Learning Disability – Residential Care Home
Location: Byfleet, Surrey
Job Code: GHMAN1
Salary: £31-£36k Per Annum
Glenholme Healthcare Group have developed a wide range of care services within the UK for individuals with learning disabilities, mental health needs, and elderly care. We have built a reputation for delivering pioneering services and outstanding outcomes for the people in our care.
We are looking for a passionate, focused and experienced Registered Manager to join our expanding group in Byfleet.
Manor Crescent consists of two 4 bed residential service caring for adults with learning disabilities including those with autism, physical disabilities, behaviours that may challenge and complex needs.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a strong care ethos and an entrepreneurial flare looking for a new challenge and the opportunity to further develop and improve this service.
As Registered Manager you will report to the Area Manager, and will be responsible for:
- Operational management of the home
- Development, supervision and performance management of staff
- Responding to referrals and undertaking initial assessments of need
- Produce plans of support ensuring there are clear goals and expected outcomes for service users
- Co-ordinating person-centred reviews
- Working closely with local multi-disciplinary teams and community based agencies
- Maintaining high standards of environmental, safety and quality
- Providing a welcoming, inclusive atmosphere
- Facilitate service user engagement, involvement and peer support
- Keeping up to date with legislation and ensuring staff are appropriately experienced and trained for their roles
By law any employees working in social care in England for residents requiring nursing or personal care must have 2 doses of a COVID-19 vaccine, unless they have a medical exemption.
- Be an experienced learning disabilities practitioner ideally with Positive Behaviour training and experience
- Have a proven management background
- Be able to demonstrate a caring and professional ethos
- Be prepared to register with the CQC and ensure adherence to the CQC regulations
- Have a minimum of three years' experience working with individuals with Learning disabilities
- Have a relevant care qualification (such as RMN/Dip SW, degree or NVQ Level 4/5)
- Have the ability to collaborate and work professionally with service users, families, professionals and work colleagues
- Have experience of supervising and supporting staff
- Have the knowledge and skills to ensure safe management and administration of medication
If you care about making a difference then we want to talk to you!