Registered Manager - Learning Disability – Residential Care Home
Learning Disability – Residential Care Home
Job Code: GHL2
£31-£36k Per Annum
Glenholme Healthcare Group have developed a wide range of care services within the UK for individuals with learning disabilities, mental health needs, and elderly care. We have built a reputation for delivering pioneering services and outstanding outcomes for the people in our care.
We are looking for a passionate, focused and experienced Registered Manager to join our expanding group in Byfleet.
Manor Crescent consists of two 4 bed residential service caring for adults with learning disabilities including those with autism, physical disabilities, behaviours that may challenge and complex needs.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a strong care ethos and an entrepreneurial flare looking for a new challenge and the opportunity to further develop and improve this service.
As Registered Manager you will report to the Area Manager and be responsible for:
- Operational management of the home
- Development, supervision and performance management of staff
- Responding to referrals and undertaking initial assessments of need
- Produce plans of support ensuring there are clear goals and expected outcomes for service users
- Co-ordinating person-centred reviews
- Working closely with local multi-disciplinary teams and community based agencies
- Maintaining high standards of environmental, safety and quality
- Providing a welcoming, inclusive atmosphere
- Facilitate service user engagement, involvement and peer support
- Keeping up to date with legislation and ensuring staff are appropriately experienced and trained for their roles
- Be an experienced learning disabilities practitioner ideally with Positive Behaviour training and experience
- Have a proven management background
- Be able to demonstrate a caring and professional ethos
- Be prepared to register with the CQC and ensure adherence to the CQC regulations
- Have a minimum of three years' experience working with individuals with Learning disabilities
- Have a relevant care qualification (such as RMN/Dip SW, degree or NVQ Level 4/5)
- Have the ability to collaborate and work professionally with service users, families, professionals and work colleagues
- Have experience of supervising and supporting staff
- Have the knowledge and skills to ensure safe management and administration of medication
If you care about making a difference then we want to talk to you!