Service Manager - Stevenage
Service Manager - Supported Living & Outreach
Salary: £28,000 - £33,000 per year (Depending on experience).
Key Role and Responsibilities:
A fantastic opportunity for a Service Manager has arisen to join our well-respected and expanding Group.
As Service Manager you will be running the day to day operations. The client group at this location are individuals with learning disabilities, physical disabilities & complex needs. We focus on enhancing life and social skills for independent living, assisting our service users to pursue their goals and interests, and to encourage social inclusion and activities.
We are seeking a compassionate, experienced and knowledgeable Manager who is looking for a new and exciting challenge.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Ensure the service users receive individualised person-centred support to enable them to enjoy as fully as possible a fulfilling and valued life.
- Ensure staff encourage and support the service users in expressing their needs, enabling them to make choices and to participate in planning the support they need.
- Ensure service users have person centred plans, that these are reviewed, evaluated in partnership with the service users, key workers, family members and other professionals.
- Ensure the service users are enabled to become as independent as possible, to grow in confidence and personal ability.
- Ensure the service users have a health action plan, receive advice, regular health checks to maintain their physical and emotional well-being. Ensure medication is administered and recorded as prescribed.
- Communicate positively with service user’s friends and family arranging regular meetings, issuing newsletters and promoting events
- To be accountable for the overall quality of the service and to ensure it conforms with the care quality commission essential care standards for quality and safety
- To ensure policies and legislation pertaining to the business are fully understood and followed.
- To work closely with the groups senior management and finance director in the management of the service budgets. To take positive steps to market the services to commissioning bodies and to take action to address voids, to ensure that full occupancy is achieved and maintained
- Training is encouraged and paid for, as well as time to attend.
- We offer 33 days holiday plus an additional day for your birthday.
- Mobile Phone Allowance
- Life Insurance
- Auto-Enrolment Pension Scheme
- Referral Bonus Scheme
- Full-Time, Permanent, 37.5 hours per week
- A minimum of three years' experience working with individuals with a Learning disability and or Autism and associated complex needs.
- Relevant health or social care qualification (NVQ Level 5) or other professional qualification’s eg; Nursing, OT or social work.
- A warm, person-centred and respectful approach to working with people with a Learning disability and or Autism and associated complex needs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to listen attentively to others
- Ability to collaborate and work professionally with service users, families, and involved professionals/agencies to provide a service which maximises outcomes for service users
- Experience of supervising and supporting staff, and deploying staff resources efficiently to meet the needs of the service
- Knowledge and skills to ensure the safe management and administration of medication
- An up-to-date knowledge of best practice in managing challenging behaviour utilising a positive behaviour support approach.
- Ability to conduct holistic needs and risk assessments with service users and devise support and risk management plans
- Ability to plan and organise the delivery of the service
- Willingness to work flexibly on a rota to meet the needs of the service, including evenings, weekends, and bank holidays