Site Maintenance Person – Part time
Title: Site Maintenance Person – Part time (20 Hours Per Week)
Location: Central Ely
Pay: £9.50 per hour for 20 hours per week
Job Code: GHL3D
To provide for the good maintenance of all of the interior and exterior aspects of the elderly care home known as Vera James House. You will be the sole maintenance man for the property. The maintenance work will include but not be limited to; weekly compliance checks, regular carpentry, landscaping, decorative repairs, lifting, carrying, electrical and plumbing repairs and to help with general maintenance tasks as directed by the Estates or Home Manager. You will be based at Vera James House.
- You will behave in a transparent manner always showing respect to our residents, their families and your colleagues.
- Report to the Estates Manager or Home Manager if a particular job falls outside the training/skill of the post holder.
- You may be asked to be on call to deal with facilities related emergencies out of hours. Reimbursement will be paid if these hours are beyond the agreed 20 per week.
- Pension scheme and 28 days holiday, plus an additional birthday day off
Refer-a-friend scheme: Earn a £250 bonus for each friend you refer to work for us
- Access to Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for use at work
- Life Insurance cover of £10,000
- Cycle to work scheme
- Automatic entry into our Employee Assistance Programme offering:
- Personal and everyday advice on child support, financial advice, mental health, health and wellbeing; and
- Discounts on your favourite brands, restaurants and entertainment
This position is subject to an enhanced DBS check. If all of this is of interest to you, then please contact us to arrange an interview.
Note: Some benefits may be limited or not be available during lockdown restrictions due to external factors.
Glenholme Healthcare is a social care group with over 25 years’ experience supporting young adults and adults with learning disabilities, complex needs and mental health conditions. We provide individualised care and support through our residential services, care homes, supported living schemes and via our outreach programmes. We are always excited to hear from prospective Care Assistants and Support Workers looking to join the industry.
- Hard working, reliable and with an excellent attention to detail and high standards of presentation in their work.
- Highly responsible, safety conscious and risk aware. Health and safety qualifications such as lifting and handling is desirable.
- Practically minded and able to complete a wide range of repairs.
- Works without immediate supervision but also to a schedule when required
- Fully DBS checked and in possession of a valid UK driving license.
- Preferred previous experience in building trades, electrical, carpentry, plumbing, or mechanical services.
- Skilled in all basic maintenance tasks, plumbing, electrics, carpentry, painting, decorating and labouring.